Being an effective geography coordinator
Time & Location
About The Event
This training day will look at how Geography can be delivered effectively across your school, considering curriculum, quality assurance, progression and assessment. It will help you develop confidence in your role as subject co-ordinator, while letting you network with others in the same role.
• Reflect on the National Curriculum for Geography, its main features and what the ‘paper’ curriculum looks like in practice
• Explore how the subject is taught in your school, and how to make effective cross-curricular links that include explicit Geography
• Develop cohesive and manageable curriculum long-term planning that allows pupils to progress
• Develop approaches to assessing children’s progress, embracing breadth, depth, knowledge and skills
• Consider effective ways of supporting your colleagues
• Find out about effective and low-cost support and resourcing
• Look at quality assurance, including Ofsted subject guidance and the Primary Geography Quality Mark
Ben Ballin is a consultant to the Geographical Association, specialising in Primary Geography.
His interactive training style will allow participants to build their confidence as teachers and leaders of Geography and develop new learning through structured activities, supported planning and other interventions.
This session is suitable for Subject Leaders/Subject Co-ordinators.
Cost - £130